Those who feel lucky have a chance on Tuesday night to win Mega Millions The grand prize of $ 865 million is the biggest game in at least two years. The reward has reached those heights because there has been no winner since mid-September.
The $ 865 million payout will be Mega Millions’ second-largest payout, after $ 1.54 billion in bonuses in 2018.
Each Mega Millions ticket costs $ 2 and winners must match six numbers, including the Mega Ball, to get the full amount.
The one-time cash option to win the jackpot on Tuesday was at least $ 638.8 million. Most winners have the cash value for the total payment of the jackpot. Otherwise, the grand prize is distributed over 30 years.
If no one matches all of the Tuesday night winning numbers, the next Friday night draw will receive a grand prize of $ 970 million, according to Mega Millions.
Winning numbers at Mega Millions on Tuesday
- 10, 19, 26, 28, 50
- The Big Ball: 16
- Megaplier: 2x
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 44 states, Washington, DC, and the US Virgin Islands.
Meanwhile, the Powerball sweepstakes prize Inflated to an estimated $ 730 million. The winning numbers will be drawn on Wednesday evening.
Even with both awards combined, it still pales in comparison to the biggest prize, A.Three players won it in 2016. He won the Mega Millions Grand Prix last time in Wisconsin on September 15, 2020, when one winner was awarded a $ 120 million ticket. The game has been won five times in the past year, with the June Grand Prize of $ 414 million being the biggest, according to officials.
The odds of winning the jackpot are slim at 1 in 302.5 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
Here are the 10 biggest jackpots of all time in Mega Millions, plus where to buy tickets:
- $ 1.54 billion – 1 winning ticket in South Carolina (October 2018)
- $ 656 million – Three winning tickets in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland (March 2012)
- $ 648 Million – Two winning tickets in California and Georgia (Dec 2013)
- $ 615 million – Unknown if there are any winners (January 2021)
- $ 543 million – 1 winning ticket in California (July 2018)
- $ 536M – 1 winning ticket in Indiana (July 2016)
- $ 533M – 1 winning ticket in New Jersey (March 2018)
- $ 522M – 1 winning ticket in California (June 2019).
- $ 451 million – one winning ticket in Florida (January 2018)
- $ 437M – 1 winning ticket in New York (January 2019).
The Associated Press contributed to this report.